It's more than auto financing. It's a meaningful relationship with a trusted partner.
We're an indirect, sub-prime to near-prime auto finance company with strategically placed regional business centers across the United States. To better serve our dealers, we provide local decision making and an understanding of the market.
Combining a strong program with quality service, we can offer you a competitive advantage to deliver more deals.
- No FICO cutoff
- No down payment requirement
- No book-to-look minimums
- Advances inclusive of tax, tag, license, documentary fees and backend products
- Low rates and competitive flats
- Exceptional back end allowances
- Weekend and evening credit decisions
- Experienced sales and credit staff with direct line access
- Fast, local credit decisions and contract funding process
- Dedicated relationship and credit managers
- Strength of our BB&T parent company as a reliable funding source
- Simple program for you to easily put deals together
- Supporting dealers, funding deals and still growing
- Ranked as having highly competent sales and credit management associates in the industry
New partners welcome
Our goal is to help you offer customers competitive financing to gain the confidence to sign and drive.
- Franchise Dealers
- Independent Dealers
Requirements to become a franchise dealer
With a 90% franchise dealer base, we're experts on providing professional, focused service. We're ready to get you started today.
Here's what we need:
- Signed dealer agreement
- Signed supplement to the dealer agreement
- Copy of your dealer license
- Copy of the applicable organizational documents:
- Corporations: Articles of incorporation or corporate charter
- Partnerships: Partnership agreement
- Sole proprietorships: Business license
Why do so many dealers choose us?
Our success is built around our values. They're how we make decisions and operate our business.
We've been in the auto finance business since 1978. We're an affiliate of BB&T, a bank with a more than 140-year history and ranked as one of the strongest financial institutions in the world.
We're well trained and experienced. Helping our dealers achieve economic success is important to creating productive relationships.
We act quickly to provide the highest level of customer service to exceed our dealers' expectations.
We listen to our dealers and are sensitive to fulfilling their needs.
Find answers to frequently asked questions
How do I sign-up with RAC?
To become a dealer client, contact one of our regional business centers nearest you. We'll arrange for one of our relationship managers to visit your dealership, assist with the sign-up process and discuss our competitive financing programs.
Who makes the buying decisions on credit applications?
We have credit buyers with local decision-making authority in each regional business center. Our buyers are committed to providing you with quick callbacks and getting an understanding of your needs.
What types of advances does RAC offer?
We offer some of the strongest advances in the industry. Contact one of our regional business centers for more information or refer to our program sheets in DealerTrack or RouteOne for more details.
Does RAC consider qualified first-time buyers?
Yes. We strive to finance everyone.
Does RAC require a minimum FICO score?
No. We consider all applications regardless of FICO score.
Does RAC have a look-to-book requirement?
No. We ask our dealers to submit all applications. We'll show you how we can help you deliver more deals.
Loans are subject to credit approval.
NMLS Consumer Access ID# 1104859(opens in a new tab)
Regional Acceptance Corporation is an affiliate of Branch Banking and Trust Company(opens in a new tab), member FDIC.