Manage My Account

Auto App

We've made it easier to make on-time payments right at your fingertips. View your statements, make payments, see account history and update account details all with the RAC Auto app.  Learn more

Get started now

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play

Payment Portal

Manage your account online with our Payment Portal. You'll have access to all you need including payments and account details.

Get started now

Log in to the Payment Portal    Activate account for the Payment Portal 

Frequently asked questions

Save time by getting answers to questions about account log in issues, receiving your title, insurance claims, service member rate reduction and more. Simply choose any of the below topics.


How can I reset my username?

Contact our customer service at 866-644-7687 for assistance during normal business hours if you have forgotten or need to reset your username.

I forgot my password. What do I do?

From the login screen, select Forgot Password and follow the instructions. You can also contact our customer service at 866-644-7687 for assistance.

How do I change my mailing address, email address or phone number?

Log in to your account and go to the Account Information page where you can update your contact information.


What happens once my account is paid off?

We'll release the lien on your title. In addition, your account status will be reported to the major credit bureaus the first of the following month from your payoff date. A return of funds for any reason may render this statement null and void.

Once my account is paid off, how long does it take to get the title?

If your account was paid off with certified funds, we'll release the lien on the title within 2 business days. If your account was paid off with non-certified funds, we'll release the lien on the title in approximately 10 business days.

How do I change my name on my title?

Title change requests are managed through in a new tab) or by calling 877-248-3331. There may be a fee for the change.

How do I get a duplicate title or lien release?

You can request a duplicate title through in a new tab). There may be a fee. 


What type of insurance do I need while financing with RAC?

Comprehensive and collision coverage must be maintained on your vehicle.

What should I do if my vehicle has been deemed a total loss by my insurance company?

Borrowers are responsible for making their monthly payments until their accounts are paid in full. 

What should I do with an insurance repair claim check made payable to both me and RAC?

Your vehicle will need to be repaired per the insurance estimate you received from your insurance company. You must endorse and mail the insurance check along with a copy of the estimate and contact information for both you and the repair facility. 

What should I do if I have a GAP claim?

If your vehicle has been deemed a total loss, and guaranteed auto protection (GAP) was part of your original contract, contact our claims representatives at 866-447-8072 for assistance with filing your GAP claim.

How do I cancel my GAP coverage or vehicle service contract?

GAP coverage or vehicle service contracts are canceled by the administrator of the policy, the selling dealer. If the dealer is no longer in business, contact your GAP coverage or vehicle service contract provider at the number found on your policy documents. If you didn't have your policy provided to you at contract signing, please contact us at 877-722-7299.

Note: Insurance cancelation/refund checks are applied to the principal balance only and aren't applied as regular payments.


Do you share my information? How do I opt out?

As an affiliate of BB&T, we may share limited information within the BB&T corporate family. You can find out more information by reading the BB&T privacy notice(opens in a new tab). To limit sharing, call BB&T at 888-800-3420.

What do I need to submit for the SCRA (Servicemembers Civil Relief Act) rate reduction?

Submit your written request for the SCRA benefit along with a copy of the official activation orders that include the length of time you're scheduled to serve at active-duty status. If the service member went to active duty status after the account contracted, it may be eligible per the SCRA.


Can I take my vehicle outside the US? What do I do if I need an approval letter?

Your account may be eligible for approved vehicle transport outside the contiguous US. Contact our customer service for details about the process and requirements at 866-644-7687, option 5, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, ET. Allow 7 to 10 business days to process the request.

How do I dispute a mark on my credit report?

To initiate a dispute, mail your dispute in writing to:

Regional Acceptance Corporation
Attention: CDV Analyst
1424 East Fire Tower Road
Greenville, NC 27858

Why did my account get sold to RAC?

Your account being sold to us is a common transaction in the industry. From time to time, institutions sell their assets. We welcome you, and look forward to servicing your auto account. All the terms and conditions of the Retail Installment Contract you signed remain the same.

What do I do if I mailed my payment to my previous lender?

Payments made to your previous lender will be forwarded to us. Payments will be backdated to the date the previous lender indicates it was received.

Pay by phone with our 24/7 automated assistance

Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.

Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc.